The files which employ .zip file extension are considered as ZIP files. ZIP files can be utilized to compress a file’s size and to bundle several files all together for sending, downloading, uploading easily. ZIP files are a popular method of delivering many files to someone in one digital package. It was the time when these ZIP files were extracted out only with the help of computers or laptops, not in mobile devices. Now, these types of files can be unzipped in Android devices within a few seconds but viewing the content enveloped in it can be confusing in Android devices.
Unzipping files or accessing to enveloped content on an Android device like Android tablet or Smartphone used to need a third-party application but it can be done now with the first-party “Files by Google app”, with the following steps:
- Launch the “Files by Google” app and place the ZIP file that you want to access by unzipping. If you have downloaded it properly from a webpage, then it will likely to be kept in “Downloads” folder.
- Press on the ZIP file, you will be shown the preview of the contents present in the ZIP file. Click on the blue “Extract” option to unzip the file.
- Your ZIP file will start to unfold. When it is completed, then you will be shown a list of all of the unzipped files. Click on “Done”. Now, all of the accessed files will be copied into the same location where the original ZIP file was placed. Now, you can access to that location within the “Files by Google app”.
There is no difference between Android tablets and Smartphones in case of management of ZIP files there. ZIP files are compatible with all modern devices using the modern operating system like Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows. If you work on your Android tablets or Smartphones for business purpose, you will likely to face various ZIP files, and you will require extracting their contents to view them. The use of ZIP files depends on the individual’s preferences, some love to use them while others look them inconvenient.
Thereare various ZIP file extractor apps besides “Files by Google app”, as given below:
- ZArchiver: It is one the best ZIP file extractor apps on Android as it has an easy user interface, is free-to-download. It supports over 30 different kinds of files including RAR and ZIP.
- WinZip: It can be employed to open and create ZIP files and also supports 7X, ZIPX, RAR and CBZ file formats.
- RAR: It can make and access ZIP and RAR files on any Android device. It also supports TAR, GZ, BZ2, XZ, 7z, ISO, and ARJ files.
Joey Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Source : Android Devices